Wednesday, March 5, 2008

the newcomer

and that's me

truly a newcomer in everything; the internet, blogs, googles and yahoos.. the world that i conveniently ignored since my husband is in THIS world. i used to even ask him to .. set my mail, check my mail, compose my mail, search something or anything from the www, ... well you get the drift. not until i accidentally found out about HIS blog. how i did that? well i googled his name of course... i bet he is still knocking his head off that simplest mistake since i was not supposed to find out about it. sorry honey.
you would not believe how ignorant i am. i didnt even know the meaning of the word 'blog'.

blog (blŏg) Pronunciation Key
n. A weblog.

intr.v. blogged, blog·ging, blogs
To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog.

thats from the american heritage dictionary. sorry i cannot help to look for it. its just so strange for me.

from blog history in blogstar:
Early 1999: Peter Merholz
coins the term blog after announcing he was going to pronouce web blogs as "wee-blog". This was then shortened to blog.

thats like almost 10 yrs ago. so .. i've been snubbed for the past 10 yrs.. no wonder all my younger sisters rolls their eyes. my husband complains i'm a slow writer (or is it typer? mmm not sure about that) and my friends look at me like i'm out from another world when i told them ' but i dont really know how to email..'

well here's the weird truth:
1. i've never had an online chatting (except for recently of course)
2. i've never manage my own email acc.
3. i dont have a friendster/facebook/whatever
(mb i'll hv it soon... i dont know.. )

what's lasting is not what resists time, but what wisely changes with it - peter muller

so i have not been wise for the past 10 yrs... its never too late isnt it??

No comments: